Since it is now officially fall and there is a chill in the air, it is the perfect time of year to make delicious homemade soups. I love this recipe because it is not only easy and tasty, but also incredibly healthy and only 152 calories per 1 1/2 cup serving. This recipe makes 4 servings.
Zucchini and Potato Soup
|The steam made it hard to take a picture!|
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 minced garlic cloves
1 1/2 tsp curry powder (more if you like it spicy)
3 average-sized golden potatoes, diced
2 medium zucchini, diced
4 cups (32 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Parmesan or cheddar cheese for garnish (optional)
1. Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large saucepan or soup pot.
2. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
3. Add garlic and curry; cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add remaining ingredients, and heat to boiling, stir.
5. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
|So much steam! :)|
6. Serve into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese or sharp cheddar cheese slices! The cheese makes it even more delicious but it does add extra calories! :)
What is your favorite soup for the cold-weather months? I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments!
Until next time,
Other posts you might enjoy:
Pizza Dough from Scratch
Homemade Tortillas and Chicken Fajitas
Simple Pasta Salad