Friday, June 29, 2012

Decisions... decisions...

I've made it my goal this summer to find new healthy recipes that I can make from scratch using inexpensive ingredients Seeing as that I have a lot of ideas that I want to try, I've decided to add recipes and food as a main topic of my blog. I will still be reviewing and discussing beauty products, but I'm just going to feature healthy foods just as often! :) 


The hubby and I are on a budget this month, so when we went shopping yesterday, I made sure to get some ingredients and items that could be used in different ways. 


Some of the things I purchased were: 

flour
canola oil
extra virgin olive oil
cheese
chicken breast
chicken sausage
pork chops
red potatoes
zucchini
brown rice
whole wheat pasta
jar of alfredo pasta sauce
can of refried beans
sour cream
milk
onion
carrots
yellow bell pepper
peaches
cilantro
cumin
cinnamon 
brown sugar
black pepper
bag of popcorn
yogurt


All of this? +/- $40.00, and I'll get at least 5 dinners and a couple desserts out of it.


Dinner 1: Whole wheat pasta with zucchini and white sauce
Dinner 2: Chicken fajitas with homemade tortillas and pico de gallo (I already had tomatoes)
Dinner 3: Baked chicken sausage with red potatoes and carrots
Dinner 4: Pork chops with brown rice
Dinner 5: Bean and cheese burritos with homemade tortillas


Dessert 1: Peach and apple pie (I already had apples)
Dessert 2: Sugar cinnamon cookies


What do you think? Did I do a good job shopping? Do you have any ideas on how I could have saved more money? 


Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments!


-J


No comments:

Post a Comment