Saturday, August 18, 2012

Liebster Award and DonorsChoose.org Announcements!

I have a couple of announcements to make this week so I thought that I would do them both in one post! 


Donors Choose Announcement:


Donorschoose.org is a nonprofit organization that helps teachers like me get supplies for their classrooms. Teachers choose items that will benefit their students, and create a project to fund. As it is a new school year, and my school is lacking in 21st century technology, I feel that it would be amazing for my students to have a Nook Tablet in the classroom. They could use it for reading, of course, but also for research on the internet, projects, and educational apps. 

If you would like to make a tax-deductable donation to my project, please click this link: 

My DonorsChoose.org page! 

If you donate a dollar or more by Tuesday, August 21, you can use the code INSPIRE and a company will match your donation to my project! You will also receive personal thank you notes from my students and me once my project is funded completely! 


The Liebster Award!



First of all, I am especially blessed to receive the Liebster Award from not one, but two friends in the same week! I would like to honor them both by answering both sets of questions from their pages. 

Lisa's Blog is Beautiful in Pittsburgh, and Selma's is Meteo Beauty. Both of these ladies write wonderfully informative blogs that are definitely worth a visit! :)

The Liebster award recognizes up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. I am told that the word "liebster" is German for "dearest," "favorite," or "sweetest." In order to accept the award, one must abide by the following rules:



1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers that they will then decide to tag.
4. They must choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These new chosen bloggers must be notified of their nomination.
6. There are no tag backs.


11 Things About Me:


  1. I am a high school English teacher (Yup, feel free to check me on my grammar if you see an error!)
  2. I love love love Hello Kitty and Sanrio products, and have ever since I was very little.
  3. Xena: Warrior Princess is my favorite TV show of all time.
  4. I have visited both the Netherlands and Germany.
  5. I am terrified of bees!
  6. I love to learn and am a Google queen.
  7. I love to analyze and argue about literature!
  8. I like being around kids because they remind me of myself.
  9. I never feel like there is enough time in the day, even if I am not doing anything important.
  10. I am obsessive compulsive - I try to make everything perfect, even though I know it can't always be.
  11. I am extremely grateful for my wonderful husband and loving friends.

Answers to Selma's Questions:

  1. What do you like to blog about the most?
    • I like writing posts about my personal experiences, whether that be with products or just what's happening in my life.
  2. Least favorite blogging topic out there?
    • Sports.
  3. What mobile phone do you use?
    • I have an old Samsung flip phone that has served me well for almost 5 years. Yep, I am that lame.
  4. Do you own a camera? If so, which one?
    • I share a camera with my husband. It's a Casio Exilim.
  5. Favorite footwear? 
    • DC Shoes skater sneakers. Never been one or cared about skating, but these are so cute and comfortable!
  6. What is your favorite movie? 
    • I have a few; The Princess Bride, Empire Records, Night at the Museum, Center Stage, and Marie Antoinette (the Kirsten Dunst one) would make the list.
  7. What perfume do you currently use?
    • Currently using up a few body sprays and samples I have lying around. I need to look into organic fragrances.
  8. Have you ever had a negative experience while blogging?
    • Nope. Everyone I've met as a blogger has been really nice!
  9. What country would you like to visit?
    • Oh Ireland, for sure!
  10. Do you have a pet? 
    • Yes.
  11. What is your zodiac sign?
    • Aquarius.


Answers to Lisa's Questions:

  1. What makes your blog different from other blogs on the same topic?
    • I feel like since I am very new at discovering natural beauty products and healthy recipes, my bloggers can relate and enjoy my journey along with me.
  2. What are your hobbies?
    • Reading, watching movies, learning, cooking, playing games (all varieties), blogging, and having good discussions with friends.
  3. What do you do for fun on weekends?
    • Hang out with my husband and our friends, or just relax!
  4. What's the best advice you ever received about blogging?
    • Make friends with other bloggers!
  5. What advice would you give to others who are considering starting a blog?
    • Pick a topic you truly care about, and connect your personal experiences to your writing. Oh, and ALWAYS proofread and spell check before publishing! ;)
  6. What do you think about the Steelers?
    • Oh I hate people that steel. (Just kidding, but I don't follow football!)
  7. What is your beauty routine like?
    • Shower, deodorant, lotion, clothes, dry hair, brush teeth, wash face, moisturizer, eye makeup, foundation, blush, lip gloss. I usually don't do much with my hair unless I'm going out in the evening - in that case I'll curl it a bit or maybe do a braid.
  8. Biggest addiction?
    • Starbucks Iced Coffee!!!!!
  9. Where do you see your blog at in 2 years?
    • I hope that by that time I will have a loyal following that reads my blog because they can learn something from me that perhaps they never knew before! :)
  10. What is your idea of a dream vacation?
    • Somewhere beautiful, great food, good books, husband, and no computers.
  11. What is your favorite season?
    • The beginning of spring.

Questions for the bloggers I tag:


1. How did you get into blogging?
2. What is your favorite blog that you read regularly?
3. Do you have a "day job"? What is it?
4. What is one "little kid" thing that you still love as an adult?
5. Where in the world have you traveled?
6. Italian, Mexican, or Chinese food?
7. What is your favorite time of day to blog and why?
8. Where do you find your inspiration?
9. Do you have any irrational fears? If so, name one.
10. What is your favorite book?
11. If you became President of your country, what is the first thing you would change?


TAG! You're It:



Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the information in this post! :)

As always, thanks for reading!

Until next time,
J



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the offer! I will definitely put something together, but it might be a week or two since school is starting up and I will be slammed for the next couple of weeks! :D

    ReplyDelete